[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cl_httpd on Linux

   Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 23:13:13 -0400
   From: JCMA@ai.mit.edu (John C. Mallery)
   Cc: www-cl@ai.mit.edu
   Sender: owner-www-cl@ai.mit.edu

   At 8:54 PM 10/10/95, Miguel Bettencourt de Freitas Dias wrote:
   >Hi !
   >
   >Sorry for this mail, but I was wondering if running CL-HTTPD on a Linux has
   >been done. If so, is there a guideline document I could use ? If
    not, Do you
   >think it's worth a try ?

   Hi Miguel.

   We don't know of a port to Linux at this time.  I think it would be an
   excellent idea.

   I'm not sure which lisp would be best.  The GNU common lisp has apparently
   improved
   and may well have CLOS now.  Franz said they might be making their lisp
   available on
   LINUX.  You might contact jim@franz.com to see what the status is.

   John

This is *NOT* an announcement, but I have been toying with EcoLisp
with the idea to port CL-HHTPD.  EcoLisp is another derivation of KCL
(as GCL is), but it already has CLOS and an initial thread support.

I had a few problems with the configuration, but now I have the base
CL running.  You can find ECL at

	ftp.icsi.berkeley.edu:/pub/ai/ecl

The author, Beppe Attardi is in Pisa (attardi@di.unipi.it)

Next, of course, there is the problem of figuring out how CL-HTTP is
organized.  It might be a problem of mine, but I was not able to
easily figure it out.  A short document explaining the organization of
the installation would be of help.

Cheers

--
Marco Antoniotti - Resistente Umano