[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cl_httpd on Linux

At 12:26 PM 10/11/95, Marco Antoniotti wrote:

>Next, of course, there is the problem of figuring out how CL-HTTP is
>organized.  It might be a problem of mine, but I was not able to
>easily figure it out.  A short document explaining the organization of
>the installation would be of help.

See the logical pathname translations and the system definitions.
There is portable code and platform specific code. Each platform has its own
directory hierarchy.  There are internet standards and documentation. That's
it.

The original non-lisp machine port was to the MAC http:mac;
Soon thereafter followed ports to ACL and LispWorks, http:acl; and http;lw;
these started from the MAC port and situated it in the UNIX environment.
You can look at any of these ( and consult the Lisp machine base in
http:lispm;server;)
to do a new port.

Once we are convinced that the ports are all stable, the plan is to
consolidate shared code
into a shared component.  This should include a portable defsystem.

By keeping the ports separate, we have avoided introducing bugs from one
port into another.

Of course, since there are no bug report, we conclude that there are no
bugs! :-)