[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cl_httpd on Linux

   Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 12:49:42 -0400
   From: JCMA@ai.mit.edu (John C. Mallery)
   Cc: mbd@telepac.pt, www-cl@ai.mit.edu

   At 12:26 PM 10/11/95, Marco Antoniotti wrote:

   >Next, of course, there is the problem of figuring out how CL-HTTP is
   >organized.  It might be a problem of mine, but I was not able to
   >easily figure it out.  A short document explaining the organization of
   >the installation would be of help.

   See the logical pathname translations and the system definitions.
   There is portable code and platform specific code. Each platform has its own
   directory hierarchy.  There are internet standards and documentation. That's
   it.

Ok, this is reasonable, but not "immediate". Sincerely, I would have
preferred a short README file.

   Once we are convinced that the ports are all stable, the plan is to
   consolidate shared code
   into a shared component.  This should include a portable defsystem.

I propose mkant's. This is my very first step. Get a MK:DEFSYSTEM
for CL-HTTP.  Note that mkant's defsystem surely runs under Allegro,
MCL, KCL (ergo AKCL, GCL and ECL), Lucid, Lispm and LW. I have used it
extensively and it is pretty nice and stable.

   By keeping the ports separate, we have avoided introducing bugs from one
   port into another.

   Of course, since there are no bug report, we conclude that there are no
   bugs! :-)

By definitons, in every software project *all* the bugs are features
:) :)

Cheers

Marco