[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problems Running CL-HTTP on 8100

I would make sure you:

1. Turn off the modern memory manager.

2.  Provide MCL with plenty of memory. (command-i on the application)

3. Remove Open transport and use MacTCP.

4. Install the patches to 7.5 from apple http://www.apple.com/

5. Run MCL 3.0p2 with kernel patch 2.

6. Make sure processor cycling is off.

Here is what  weber@cogpsy.uni-trier.de (Gerhard Weber) reports from Germany.

I am running the server on my 8500 in the background. Most of the time, it
was running stable with SpeedDoubler, however, switching between task some
times resulted in system crashes. Therefore, I removed SpeedDoubler. There
is now a control panel "Emulator" (I send it as attached document). With
this control panel, you can disable the new emulator on the PCI Macs. Now,
as well MCL 2.0.1 as MCL 3.0 are running considerably fast. With
SpeedDoubler enabled, MCL 2.0.1 will not run, but MCL 3.0 is faster.

Our server runs on a 8500 PCI Mac with
MCL 3.0p2
Kernel patch 1
Modern Memory Manager off
Virtual Memory off
Emulator Control Panel (the new emulator switched off)
Open Transport replaced  with MacTCP
16 MB RAM (for the application)

(We tested the Server on a 7500 and on a Performa 5200, too. On the
Performa, it is very slowly)