[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: cl-http hang problem - consultation available?

I couldn't get cl-http to work on a 7100 nor a 8100 -- i.e. it would crash
on the 1st page or so as was the case with you.  Someone here was using it
for a class project so we eventually regressed to a slow 68040 machine
which seemed to work.  My next step was going to check on possible
extension conflicts but I never got around to it.  You might try getting
rid of all non essential extensions.  One thing I tried that seemed to work
for awhile on a 8100 is to put in wait state in %tcp-control (I was seeing
crashes in %tcp-control from MacsBug).  So you might try that -- especially
if you have to finish in the next month.  (I picked a tenth of a second on
a lark and didn't try any other values.)  e.g.

(in-package :ccl)
(defun %tcp-control (pb code &optional ignore-error-p ignore-timeout)
  (setf (rref pb tcpioPB.csCode) code
        (rref pb tcpioPB.ioCompletion) (%null-ptr))
  (let ((err nil))
    (loop
        (sleep .1) ;;  <<<<<----- hack attack
      (when (eql (setq err (#_Control :async pb )) 0)

        (unless (eql code $TCPPassiveOpen) ; added 2/15/95
          (let* ((*interrupt-level* 0))
            (while (> (setq err (rref pb tcpioPB.ioResult)) 0)))))
      (return))
    (unless (or ignore-error-p
                (eql err 0)
                (and ignore-timeout (eql err $TCPTimeout)))
      (%tcp-err-disp err))
    err))

Free advice.  Enjoy!
-David
p.s. If you have the money I'm sure the Mac cl-http community would love to
find the solution to these crashes so feel free to hire someone to track it
down.