[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Backending Authentication Objects in a Database

At 8:33 AM 1996-01-24, Mark Needleman wrote:
>Hi
>

>Can you tell me if there is an api to the access control in CL-HTTP - I
>have a relatively conplex database of access control information in
>another application and i would like to be able to call it with an api
>rather than have to duplicate the data in http server configuration
>files
>
>thanks for any info
>
>Mark Needleman
>University of California

As it happens, we are just in the process of backending the authentication
stuff into an object database on one of our larger systems.

The file http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/sources/common-lisp/authentication.lisp
has been remodularized for this purpose.  It is intended that one can define database
mixins that accesss state.  We will have our code working shortly but we doing just
users first.

If you work through the problem of backending the whole thing into a DB, we would appreciate
a copy of your code to inform our version.  Our objective is to allow the guy with a database
to use it and yet allowing others to use a light-weight approach while minimizing duplicate
code..