[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Broken Pipe

I have observed this behavior browsing from my DUO 280c against
CL-HTTP running on a 150mhz 9500.  My DUO has a fragmented disk
due to Netscape's cache management, so it can exercise the disk and
lose time.  Under these circumstances, the delay seems to result in
the broken pipe problem.

I suspect this could be a TCP reset being sent by the server when it
decides to timeout out the persistent connection.  When netscape on the
duo wakes up, the server is gone.

I never observe this problem on a fast mac running netscape or other
machines.

If this suspicion is born out, one might address the problem by lengthening
the timeout for persistent connections, reporting the potential bug to netscape,
or buying a faster browsing machine.