[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Experiences under UNIX

We are currently considering all issues concerning the best choice for
running a CL-HTTP-based server. Though we have big experience on running
MacOS-based CL-HTTP-servers, the limitation of 64 TCP/IP-connections
under MacOS - whilst only 59 are free under CL-HTTP, if I am right? -
made us considering an UNIX-based server as a better solution. We are
currently thinking about some Sun Sparc20.

But before we really spend this money, I would be happy, if anybody in
the community could report us any experience with a UNIX-machine as a
platform, especially concerining stability, performance and scaling
issues. So, we are highly interested in any long-term experience with
any UNIX-platform and performance in peak-load situations.

Thanks

  Elmar