[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Replacing more standard http servers with CL-HTTP

Folks:

I'm new to the CL-HTTP scene.  I have just recently installed it
on my SGI Challenge and have written a few response functions. I think I
understand how the basic mechanisms work and find it a very nice way to
develop intelligent web pages.  In fact, I'm thinking about replacing my
more standard http server with CL-HTTP and was wondering if people had
any comments in this regard.

I find the CL-HTTP documentation a bit hard to penetrate and found
myself reading the source code to figure out what was going on. One
thing that seems important to using CL-HTTP as one's only http server is
the ability to export new URL's on demand.  That is, given CL-HTTP
running in the background, it would be nice if there was some way to
notify it of a new URL export.  I wasn't able to ascertain whether this
is possible.  Please drop me a line if you know.

Jeff
----