[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ramblings: multiprocessor macs

At 10:28 AM -0500 1996-12-06, Chris Welty wrote:

>Now that CL-http is stable on my 9500 (it's now been up for over a
>month.  WHich is actually so short I think only because it's the
>longest interval of uninterupted power we've had for a while), I am
>not fain to change *anything*, but I can't help but wonder if it would
>run a little faster on a multiprocessor mac.

What kind of load have you been serving?

Are you running the patched version of http:mac;server;tcp-stream.lisp
that I announced recently.

I think that you would need multiprocessor support from MCL for it
to make any appreciable difference.  This probably reduces to balancing
threads over the available processors, since your application is surely
thread safe and non-blocking by now.