[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Disregard my previous message, but the following instead

At 9:40 AM -0700 1996-12-15, Jeffrey Van Baalen wrote:
>Nevermind my previous message about basic authentication.  The next day,
>I tried it again and it worked fine.  I don't know what the difference
>between my two attempts were, but anyway. Instead I am now having the
>following problem.
>
>I am running the most recent version cl-http in ACL 4.3 on an SGI
>running IRIX 6.2. I am trying to use a directory writer to get the
>behavior of the Apache http server when a user has an index file in his
>www directory. That is, when a get for a URL of the form
>http::/host/~user/ is received, look and see if there is an index.html
>file in the user's www directory.  If so, serve the contents of that
>file, but also export the www directory contents so that urls refering
>to files in that directory are available on demand.
>
>I thought this is what http:write-indexed-directory-listing was supposed
>to do, but I can't get it to do so.  It seems to be being overridden by
>another call to write-document that displays the directory listing in
>standard format. Does anyone know what's going on here?>

Is this what you are calling?
(export-url #u"/my-directory/"   ;must be a path url
	:export-type :directory
	:pathname #p"unix.box.edu:~user/*.lisp"
	:Directory-writer #'write-indexed-directory-listing)

You might try some meta-. and tracing some code to see what is happening.

In general, you'll get better responses to bug reports and questions
if you send a reproducible test case.