[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Disregard my previous message, but the following instead

Nevermind my previous message about basic authentication.  The next day,
I tried it again and it worked fine.  I don't know what the difference
between my two attempts were, but anyway. Instead I am now having the
following problem.

I am running the most recent version cl-http in ACL 4.3 on an SGI
running IRIX 6.2. I am trying to use a directory writer to get the
behavior of the Apache http server when a user has an index file in his
www directory. That is, when a get for a URL of the form
http::/host/~user/ is received, look and see if there is an index.html
file in the user's www directory.  If so, serve the contents of that
file, but also export the www directory contents so that urls refering
to files in that directory are available on demand.

I thought this is what http:write-indexed-directory-listing was supposed
to do, but I can't get it to do so.  It seems to be being overridden by
another call to write-document that displays the directory listing in
standard format. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Jeff
----