[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

permissions to start server

Hello,

   I'm not sure if this is the right place to be sending questions,
if not please bounce it right back to me.

  I'm running cl-http under Allegro CL 4.3 on a Sun UltraSparc
with Solaris 2.5 .  The server compiles and loads up just fine,
but it seems I have to be root to start the server.  If I try it
as a non-root user, I get an error something to the effect of
"Bind failed- permission denied".

  If possible, I'd rather not have to be root in order to start the
server and hack in the Lisp environment -- it's kind of dangerous,
because while being root I might step on files which I really
shouldn't have permissions to change.

   Does anyone out there know how to set permissions so that you
can start cl-http as a non-root user?

  Thanks!