[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: permissions to start server

Please read the acl; -read-me-.text file. This problem has been
solved for ACL and is documented. You don't have to be root to run
the server on 80, a small C program opens 80 but then renounces
root privileges and execs CL-HTTP. The build script even prints
out what you need to do - or read http.script. CL-HTTP will always
run with your ownership which is the safest thing your can do.