[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MCL CGI Shell

John's right, of course, about CL-HTTP being a much better way to go.  But
Richard has a good point--just getting CL-HTTP to _compile_, much less
run, can be a daunting task if you've never done it. The first few times I
tried it I worked for a couple of hours, threw something across the room,
and gave up until the next release came out. Now I sort of know what to do
when it gets cranky.

CL-HTTP desperately needs some web pages dedicated to rank beginners
(especially on the MCL platform since MACTCP is so troublesome) that are
NOT served up by CL-HTTP itself. Has anybody collected any of these
"getting started horror stories and remedies"?

I know John's gonna say "why don't you just do it Shannon" so <grumble
grumble> I just might if people start sending me stuff.

First up: how does Richard fix his error shown below? Anybody?

-Shannon Spires
svspire@sandia.gov