[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Interaction (Re: Prototyp: The Association of Lisp Users)

>There are two others as well:
>
>Terje@in-Progress.com (Terje Norderhaug)
>Commercial chat facility
> http://interaction.in-progress.com

I am just back from San Fransisco after presenting the Interaction
application at our booth and session at Mactivity/Web and also as guest of
the booth of one of the Web servers at Macworld.

This LISP application is called "Interaction/IP" and is far more than a
chat facility: It is a framework for "making a web site a social place" and
also provides threaded forums and various features to make it easy to
create a dynamic/adaptive web site. It is used at a high number of
Macintosh web sites, included more visible ones such as Strata Inc and CE
software. Most lately it has been under testing at the US House of
Representatives web site to provide for a virtual town hall. The
application originated as one of the first threaded forums on the web back
in late summer 1994 to discuss the City of San Diego's plans about making
an community information system called "InfoSanDiego" (the original forum
actually had a posting encouraging participation in the "Open Meeting" that
John created with CL-HTTP!)

Interaction is originally not a CL-HTTP application but run with most
Macintosh web servers. However, I have increasingly worked towards
compatability with CL-HTTP, and this is the server of choice at my own
site. I would be happy to provide anybody interested in a copy of
Interaction with or without CL-HTTP integrated. This provides essentially a
plug & play server setup. Interaction can easily be extended with compiled
or uncompiled LISP code, as it includes an interpreter and also has a
plug-in scheme to allow extending it with new components written in LISP.

-- Terje <Terje@in-Progress.com>
   Media Design in-Progress