[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: easier installation, etc

For each platform, the home page contains a "quick start" URL
that points to the configuration/setup instructions.

The full documentation is always available from a couple of
sites on the net, such as http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/docs.html

We could add pointers to the full docs and the documentation form
interface (http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/find-documentation.html)
on the home page so people could use those for reference until they get their own server up and running.

Do you think prominent mention of these sites would help?
Or are we concerned about the disconnected user?

Since a number of people have shot themselves in the foot, we might want
to explicitly advise against changing anything from the default example start up untila new user has got the server up and  running,