[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: easier installation, etc

yes, i'm concerned here about the disconnected user.
in my particular case, i was, in fact, working to bring up the server
"stand-alone". under which circumstances i don't have the option of a
simultaneous connection to a remove server.
when open-transport-*.*.* allows multiple simultaneous tcp drivers, the
problem would (modulo the size of my phone bill) go away...

>For each platform, the home page contains a "quick start" URL
>that points to the configuration/setup instructions.
yes, but without a server they don't work (see above).
for example the quite adequate and most helpful to the would be macintosh
server installer:

was, for me, <em>directly<em> usable only once i had a volume named "cl-http".
which, in my case, was to be arranged. isn't always the case....

>The full documentation is always available from a couple of
>sites on the net, such as http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/docs.html
>
>We could add pointers to the full docs and the documentation form
>interface (http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/find-documentation.html)
>on the home page so people could use those for reference until they get
>their own server up and running.
>
>Do you think prominent mention of these sites would help?
>Or are we concerned about the disconnected user?
yes (see above)