[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Multi-threading vs. Multi-processing?

As far as I know, for Unix, Franz's AllegroCL and Harlequin's
LispWorks are multi-threaded but are not multi-processor aware.  But,
most of the larger servers that I am dealing with are
multi-processors.  What, if any, comment do you have regarding this
inability of these commercial Lisp implementations to exploit
multi-processor capabilities and the implications for single-image
servers like cl-http.

And, I don't know anything about cl-http with MCL on the Mac -- but,
how well does the server work with something like a DayStar
4-processor machine?

--
Randal N. Sims (Randy)           |  Tel:   (803)725-8347
Westinghouse Savannah River Co.  |  Fax:   (803)725-8829