[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pork addicts are pathetic losers

First, let me say that I'm probably as much of a lisp fan
as anyone on the planet. If you know me at all, you know this.

But geez, I don't know whether this is truly evil or just plain
idiotic. If your only hope is to seek government subsidies,
you deserve to die. Horribly. The fact that you're so
noncompetitive that you're turning to politicians to save
your collective butts should be a giant neon sign:
Watch Out! Incompetent Morons Present!

Lisp doesn't deserve $200K of taxpayer's money any more than
beekeepers do. "This Subcommittee has the responsibility
for revitalizing the city of Washington, D.C." Oh, yeah.

If you want to save lisp, make it attractive to real
customers who will pay you year after year. Give them compelling
solutions to real-world problems. Talk to real developers.
Ask them if they're happy with theircurrent tools. Go ask them
whether there's any room for improvement. Get a copy of Visual C++,
or Symantec (Java) Cafe, and honestly compare it to your favorite Lisp
environment. Discover what customers are BEGGING for, with
TEARS in their eyes. They vote with their wallets.

Even if you get the funding, you'll just keep spending it in
the same way you always have, which is just pathetic.
Stay away from the politicians: it's the customers, stupid.

Steve Strassmann
Method Software                steve@method.com
25 Thatcher St. #6             617-738-4399
Brookline, MA 02146            617-232-2527 (fax)

Follow-Ups: References: