[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: got cl-http working-sees nothing! ??

At 8:55 Uhr +0000 27.02.1997, Simon Brooke wrote:
>Conrad Bookout wrote:
>>
>> I'm having the same problem. Apparently CL-HTTP/ACL/Linux can't correctly
>> perform DNS lookups. I'm working on a solution, but it's slow since I'm
>> having to familiarize myself with the code. Perhaps the problem is
>> corrected in the current development code; but I'm unable to test it until
>> the compression problem is corrected. I'm looking forward to running
>> CL-HTTP on my Linux box and developing some really cool applications!
>
>OK, this one is easy:
>
>in cl-http-60-57/acl/server, edit the file tcp-stream-svr3.lisp. Find
>the method (defmethod ip-address-string ((address integer))...) and
>comment it out in its entirety. Add the following:
>
>(defun ip-address-string (address)
>  (format nil "~D.~D.~D.~D"
>          (ldb (byte 8 0) address)
>          (ldb (byte 8 8) address)
>          (ldb (byte 8 16) address)
>          (ldb (byte 8 24) address)))
>
>My thanks to Oliver Clarisse <clarisse@lucent.com> who fixed that one
>for me.
>
>Anyone else struggling with cl-http on ACL on Linux, perhaps we should
>set up a sub-list; there seem to be several of us. I'm assembling what I
>learn at
>
>http://www.intelligent.co.uk/~simon/cl-http-dummies.html

I have mine running at home. You can reach it via lilisp.lavielle.com. ;-)

It runs on ACL 4.3, Redhat Linux 2.0.something.

I also needed to install all the Linux patches from ftp.franz.com.

Rainer Joswig, Lavielle EDV Systemberatung GmbH & Co, Lotharstrasse 2b, D22041
Hamburg, Tel: +49 40 658088, Fax: +49 40 65808-202,
Email: joswig@lavielle.com , WWW: http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/