[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: got cl-http working-sees nothing! ??

Conrad Bookout wrote:

> I'm having the same problem. Apparently CL-HTTP/ACL/Linux can't correctly
> perform DNS lookups. I'm working on a solution, but it's slow since I'm
> having to familiarize myself with the code. Perhaps the problem is
> corrected in the current development code; but I'm unable to test it until
> the compression problem is corrected. I'm looking forward to running
> CL-HTTP on my Linux box and developing some really cool applications!

OK, this one is easy:

in cl-http-60-57/acl/server, edit the file tcp-stream-svr3.lisp. Find
the method (defmethod ip-address-string ((address integer))...) and
comment it out in its entirety. Add the following:

(defun ip-address-string (address)
  (format nil "~D.~D.~D.~D"
          (ldb (byte 8 0) address)
          (ldb (byte 8 8) address)
          (ldb (byte 8 16) address)
          (ldb (byte 8 24) address)))

My thanks to Oliver Clarisse <clarisse@lucent.com> who fixed that one
for me.

Anyone else struggling with cl-http on ACL on Linux, perhaps we should
set up a sub-list; there seem to be several of us. I'm assembling what I
learn at

http://www.intelligent.co.uk/~simon/cl-http-dummies.html

It goes slow, because I have lots of other things to do, but I hope it
may become a useful user-level supplement to the supplied documentation.

Cheers

Simon

--
simon@intelligent.co.uk (Simon Brooke)
http://www.intelligent.co.uk/~simon

	Is this the only house in the world with hot and cold running
	usenet, but only cold running water?

Follow-Ups: References: