[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Authentication -- what am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to get to grips with the authentication stuff, and failing
badly.

I did what it said in EXPORTS.LISP, and I have (apparently) correct
things in authentication-data.lisp defining the SERVER realm, the
WEBMASTERS group and the Webmaster user, with a password I made up.

I'm now trying to look at that .../cl-http/describe-realm? url on my
server.  It asks me for a user & password (good!) to which I answer
with the ones I defined earlier, and it then refuses me access.

I tried changing the password & reevaluating the definition of the
Webmaster user, but nothing seems to work.

The client is netscape 3.0 (in fact it's:
    Agent
          mozilla
   Version
          3.0
 Other info
          (x11 i sunos 5.5.1 sun4c)

according to the server!), the server is 60.57 on a 3640.

Is there anything I can look at to see what's going wrong, or am I
doing something manifestly stupid?

Thanks.

--tim