Problem Sets for 6.891
A few notes on the problem sets:
- Problem sets will be self-graded (mostly)
- You will hand in the pset on Thursday. Kinh will record its
presence (or absence), and glance to see if you attempted each
- We will distribute the psets (on Friday) at random to the
class. You will each grade one pset with help from a solution
key. You have 6 days.
- Kinh will lead a 1 hour pset review session to
go over correct solutions. Probably Monday afternoon.
- You will hand
back the graded psets on Wednesday. Kinh will then grade 1 question
(usually the toughest).
- The graded psets will be returned to you on
Friday, 8 days after you turned them in.
- The problem sets are due in my
office before I get in the next morning (at which point I will be forced
to conclude it arrived after I left the night before) -- don't try to beat
me in in the morning.
- The problem sets will be handed out before all of the material for
that set has been covered. Don't wait until all of the material has been
covered: start early.
- The problem set postscript and MATLAB files are also available in
the Athena locker as well as from the ftp site (referenced through the
links in the table above).
- The "Material Covered" column gives a rough estimate. You are
responsible for anything mentioned in class up through the Friday before
the problem set is due.
- There will be NO EXTENSIONS for problem sets. It is up to
you to schedule your work so that you can get the assignments done on time.
- NO LATE ASSIGNMENTS will be accepted. The solutions will be
handed out in class the day after the set is due. Turn in whatever you
have if you have not completed it by midnight the day it is due.
- Turn in all of your work including programs and mathematical derivations