[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Usage of cl-http

To John C. Mallary and others,

John writes:
>"We would appreciate seeing more traffic on www-cl@ai.mit.edu describing the
>kinds of application people are doing. The more you put in, the more you will
>get out."

I've been working some time now on a HTML generator and parser. It uses a
CLOS-based system for describing HTML markup and some fancy macros to
make the definitions easy to read and write. The HTML 2.0 and some Netscape
extensions have been described using it. The biggest problem is managing several
coexisting dialects of HTML, making it possible to generate documents tailored
for different browsers and parsing documents for the same browsers. In addition,
integration with CL-HTTP hasn't been done yet.

With the newest release of Netscape and Livescript, we finally have a way of
doing some simple programming of the client side. I've made a prototype for
generating simple spreadsheets, based on forms and Livescript. It works,
although some Netscape bugs (at least on the Mac) makes usage bumpy.
Being able to edit the formulas and build up the spreadsheet from scratch via
submit of forms is the next task. Shouldn't be too difficult, thanks to CL-HTTP.

Hallvard

Hallvard Traetteberg
Sect. of Information Systems, SINTEF Informatics
P.O.Box 124 Blindern, N-0314 Oslo, Norway
Tlf: +47 2206 7983 or +47 2206 7300, Fax: +47 2206 7350
Email: Hallvard.Tretteberg@si.sintef.no