[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Crash-O-Rama in cl-http on the 9500

At 10:23 AM 1/22/96, Chris Welty wrote:
>I have been running cl-http on a mac 9500 for quite some time.  Tons
>of problems.  The (*&^%(* thing has never really worked right.

If you (and I am speaking to the list and not to Chris) are running on the
Mac and you want to provide more useful information than "it hangs" then
install MacsBug and the MCL Dcmds (this is for MCL 3.0).  (There are some
MCL 2.0 Dcmds that I got from someone but they don't have th scope of the
MCL 3.0 Dcmds.)  There is a nice "how to" document on ftp.digitool.com (in
the contrib folder) on how to use the MCL Dcmds.

>Here are some things I have done:
>
>Turn off MMM.  You can't even run MCL with this on anyway.
You must be running MCL 2.0.  MCL 3.0 can run with MMM on.

>I'm pretty sure the problem has something to do with memory.  Right
>now I'm running the gc-thermometer to see if I notice anything
>interesting the next time it crashes.

Perhaps the designers of CL-HTTP could suggest things to look at -- like
memory or other resources.  Then people who get lots of crashes could do
periodic tests to see if those resources are being depleted.  In my case I
doubt it was memory as I was getting crashes right away.  It seemed more
like a timing problem.
-David