[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: VRML viewing:

>  > >When I try to view the VRML generation pages included in the
>  > >documentation of CL-HTTP, I obtain the error message:
>  > >
>  > >``A plugin for the mime type x-world/x-vrml was not found''
>  > >
>  > >However, Netscape has been configured with a VRML viewer (which
>  > >works alright). Is this a problem with CL-HTTP 60-17, or am I doing
>  > >something wrong.
>  > >
>  > >Peter
>  > >--
>  > Please check your Netscape configuration:
>  >
>  > On a Mac:
>  > Menu "Options"
>  > Menu item "General Preferences..."
>  > Choose: "Helpers"
>  >
>  > You should have an entry for x-world/x-vrml depending
>  > on your viewer. If you have a plugin (for example
>  > Live3d) you should be able to select it via a pop-up
>  > menu.
>
>Thanks Rainder,
>
>I am using Netscape on HP-UX and vrweb as VRML viewer, which
>seems to work. So, I don't think this is the problem.

Does the VRML viewer work?
Is Netscape able to download a wrl file and to display it via vrweb?
Does it work with a non CL-HTTP server?

I have had the same problem with vrweb on a SUN. Netscape
wasn't able to use vrweb as an external viewer (it
didn't work in general - not only with CL-HTTP). Maybe
you should look for some help by Netscape or the guys
who wrote vrweb.

Greetings,

Rainer Joswig

Rainer Joswig, Lavielle EDV Systemberatung GmbH & Co, Lotharstrasse 2b, D22041
Hamburg, Tel: +49 40 658088, Fax: +49 40 65808-202,
Email: joswig@lavielle.com , WWW: http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/