[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MCL CGI Shell ?

Ah, satisfied users...that's what we like to see. :-)

The server works fine for most people on the mac if they are running
the latest versions of software. Older software version get little
use and are consequently more bug prone.

You might condisider submitting a bug report with the machine, MacOS version, MCL version, TCP version, cl-http version and you might get some help.

The Mac is notorious for configuration problems.
It is best to work from known configurations that work, such as
those used by the developers.

Here's a recommended a beginner configuration for PowerPC or 68k machine:

MacOS 7.5.5
MCL 4.0 or 3.9
OpenTransport 1.1.2
CL-HTTP 60.57

Then, follow the configuration instructions for the mac at
http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/configure.html

Standalone configuration is a little tricker but now easier with
opentransport.

Finally, use the mac-start-server.lisp loading scripts and don't
change the example configuration until have had enough experience
with a working server to avoid trouble.

Additional hardening is being done by some experienced mac developers.
We are incorporating those enhancements into future releases.