[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MCL CGI Shell ?

Hello.

At  5:17 PM 97.01.06 +0000, Richard Lynch wrote:
>I'm already running NetPresenz, and don't really need a whole 'nother
>server application...
>
>but I would *LOVE* to use MCL as a CGI shell rather than try to figure
>out this damned AppleScript/c interface...
>
>Has anybody done this yet?

Once I used MCL as a CGI shell for WebSTAR.
Most of my cgi pages are now being replaced to cl-http
computed-url.

I agree "CGI is a brain-dead interface"...

But my main server is still WebSTAR (i.e. port 80 for
WebSTAR, and cl-http has another). Most files are
served by WebSTAR.

Stability and performance of recent cl-http are
significant but it sometimes yield to wild webrobots,
and WebSTAR is still faster.

Katsunobu IMAI
Hiroshima University

P.S.
But, most important private cgi pages are remained
in the future, even if cl-http achieve perfect
stability. <grin>