[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MCL CGI Shell

Jeff,

Thanks for volunteering. :-)

Believe it or not, we actually have some research to do here and
we have had enough support on a different, more complex system.

Consequently, support relies on the good will of the more
experienced users -- and I believe some of the most talented
programmers are in this community.

We have been working with the lisp vendors to produce
a commercial version with commercial support, so you may see
full hand holding sometime.

At the end of the day, you're probably doing a lot better
than writing it from scratch the way I had to do or groveling
in some flawed language. No comment on weak OSes; we use Lisp
Machines as our primary development platform.

In the meantime, Lispers will need to help each other out.
That's the way to build a dynamic community that shares it
knowledge, avoids duplication, and thus, explores more
terrain faster.

A key ingredient for beginning users is some faqs that document
how to avoid pitfalls getting started.

A further key ingredient is targeted documentation.  If we know where
people are having problems (we don't ever have problems for long),
then the issues can be addresses.

In your case, when you run the server on a new platform, you're
necessarily going to be in for some work that requires significant
developer experience.

Follow-Ups: References: