[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Is there a utility available for drawing GIF?

At 12:15 PM -0800 1997-01-27, K. Mark Alexander wrote:
>I would like to generate a GIF file from the results of my graph
>formatting functions.  Is there a utility for doing this?  Something
>similar to WITH-OUTPUT-TO-POSTSCRIPT-STREAM?

Mark,

A more tastful approach is suggested here:

http://wilson.ai.mit.edu/cl-http/projects.html#cwest

The SRI folks have code that lets you do output to gif
from CLIM code. However, it runs with a light duty server
they cooked up.  It would be really cool if someone would port
their tool for general use in cl-http.

The SRI folks are keen for this to happen. We have some gif generation
lisp code already available as a contribution to cl-http.  See
http:contribs;halvard;

The coming format for the Web is PNG. In the best of all
worlds, we would like to see clim generation to png on the
fly without any moving parts (like disk drives) or legacy
code (like unix dependencies) that will run on any lisp platform
(like Windows NT).