[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Multi-threading vs. Multi-processing?

"John C. Mallery" <JCMa@ai.mit.edu> writes:

> >The ANSI lisp standard needs some extensions, one of which is
> >a simple process model.  It would be clever if that process model
> >was multiprocessor aware since there is hardly a platform today
> >that does not offer multiple processors.
>
> It looks like multiprocessor versions of Java are coming along.
>
> http://www.sun.com:80/solaris/products/javavm/

So (heretically speaking), should we putting our efforts into Java
servers like "Jigsaw" ...

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Jigsaw/

and Lisp-family languages built on Java like "Kawa" ...

	http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner/kawa.html

--
Randal N. Sims (Randy)           |  Tel:   (803)725-8347
Westinghouse Savannah River Co.  |  Fax:   (803)725-8829

Follow-Ups: References: