Natural Tasking of Robots Based on Human Interaction Cues
MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
The Stata Center
32 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
PI: Rodney A. Brooks
Questions], [Achieved Deliverables],
[Future Deliverables], [People],
2002 - 2003:
- Cog will acquire knowledge of object kinematics through actively
segmentation while it observes a person using the object in a task.
- Cog will recognize objects it previously observed being manipulated.
Given an object, Cog will mimic appropriate manipulation of the object.
- Additional degrees of freedom will be designed for a new robot head
to provide it with the ability to express emotions.
- Four emergency legs or “kick stands” will be developed
and mounted on Cardea. They will deploy when a “sniffer”
detects software definable error conditions such as the platform starting
to fall over.
- We will commence development of Cardea, a new robot with one arm
plus end effector and one camera mounted on a Segway RMP base. Under
qualified conditions, Cardea will approach a door, open the handle,
enter a room and scan it.