[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Believing in what you s

>The wonderful thing about lisp and CL-HTTP at the moment is that we have
>the world's most talented users. I'd trade that any day for the teaming
>hoards
>using Apache.

On a good day, http://lynch.lscorp.com/ is running cl-http, but I'm doing
some web building the other day involving CD-quality sound, and I can't run
CL-HTTP and the tools for that at the same time.

Anyway, last I heard, Apache was the only one that would let you cheaply
and easily set up virtual domains...

But the bozo telling me that probably doesn't even know about CL-HTTP.  So,
does CL-HTTP let me create my own domains?  And, if so, how?  Answers in
*REAL* simple language much appreciated.  I'm a lisp hacker, but the net
stuff...

I do understand that I would have to pay NIC $$$ and hijack my IP address
from my corporation's ISP... wouldn't I?  But they're all kosher with that,
more or less.

I guess my real questions are:

1)  After I pay NIC $$$, how do I inform the world that www.foo.com and
www.bar.com and www.foobar.com all mean XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX?
2)  How do I set up CL-HTTP so that it knows that it is www.foo.com etc,
rather than lynch.lscorp.com?
3)  What other questions was I too ignorant to ask?

--
--
-- "TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@lscorp.com